7.22.2011

Flowers in the Rough....

On a recent ride this past week on a hot and humid evening(rare for these parts of the country), my wonderful wife and I were riding some singletrack in the Deschutes National Forest and we rode up on these beautiful flowers. I have spent lots of time out on these trails in the last five years of living here and I have never seen these before..

Here my beautiful wife is riding The Mrazek Trail with what I believe to be a Desert Lily in the foreground. There were a few different pockets of these flowers; they were purple, blue, white and about 4 to 5 inches in diameter. As a side not I must mention that Molly is 5 months pregnant and still rocking the singletrack!! Above her shoulder you can see a storm brewing in those clouds..Just as we got back to our front door after 25+ miles of trail it poured out and the temp dropped nicely..

Another cool little flower on the trail....Either a Mariposa Lily or a Ground Orchid of some type.

This is Foxglove Digitalis, seen in plentiful amounts some years ago next to some singletrack outside of Eugene, OR.

Cheers to the beauty of nature!!


Monty J. Nelson Copyright.

No comments: